- I decided to conduct some extra research into some locations around London in case we do decide to shoot extra scenes outside of our 30 minutes allocated time in the studio
- I think rug or antique shops would work out the best so I found these Persian rug shops that fit the theme very well
- This digital painting reminds me of the Carvaggio style of painting and also gives me a vintage/ nostalgic feeling.
- We could possibly translate the final photograph into a painting similar to this
TRADITIONAL IRANIAN STYLING
- to gain better insight on how clothing was styled in history, I decided to look at old photographs
MODEL SCOUTING RESEARCH
- We looked around for images of models who's appearance was what we are looking for.
- We want a natural beauty and not someone very glammed up, especially on the Iranian side.
SARA KIANI SHOWING US HER PORTFOLIO
- I found this image on Pinterest and thought it would be interesting if I could somehow incorporate the writing-onto-face into my film.
- As Sara Kiani's collection first stemmed off from a book she was reading, I think adding in quotes directly from the book onto the face would make for an interesting film
- the posing here is very nonchalant and has very mellow undertones, I think this creates a sense of nostalgia.
- The posing is very natural and almost unstaged
- very comfortable
MODEL POSES- REFERENCES FOR MODELS
- To help aid our models get comfortable and communicate the mood we are going for, we created a compilation of poses.
- These poses create a sense of nostalgia and attraction between two individuals and I think playing on this in the film would work out well.
- One of our main sources of inspiration for the posing was from the Calvin Klein campaigns. They have very clean editing and imagery. As Scandinavian furnitures have a very minimalistic and clean cut feeling to them, we thought this would be fitting. Furthermore, these poses would work well in a gif format, fitting in with the quirky music.
- Our main aim was to deliver the feeling of nostalgia and almost create a sense of something secretive going on between the two models.
SARA KIANI'S INSTAGRAM
- To get a better insight into Sara Kiani's personality, we decided to look at her Instagram and Tumblr
- She likes nostalgia, film and old memories so we think we'll also be going down this path, probably adding in grain on the film to give it a vintage super 8 aesthetic